Covid Safety Information
Entering the building
You are only allowed to enter the building if you are free from Covid symptoms. The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Everyone who enters the building must wear a face covering, except for children under 3 years or those who may find it difficult to manage them correctly. Please ensure that you bring a suitable face covering with you. This should be worn in all communal areas. It is your decision if we wear them in the consulting room.
The therapy rooms have fitted signage at their entrances to remind everyone entering of these restrictions. We have also installed non-touch hand sanitisers at all entrances, and we would ask that these are used on entry and exit by all.
Please ensure social distancing is practised in all communal areas, as indicated with floor markings.
To minimise the number of people in the building and to avoid overcrowding we politely request that you should arrive just a few minutes before their booked time. We would also request that our practitioners’ clients attend their appointments alone where possible. Practitioners and visitors will not be required to sign in, however, to comply with Health, Safety and Fire Regulations the practitioner/visitor will register their name (or initials if preferred) with our Concierge, and likewise advise our Concierge when they leave the building.
They have reduced/rearranged their waiting area to comply with the 2 metre social distancing requirements. Signs and floor markers are displayed throughout each building as guides and reminders of the 2 metre social distancing guidelines.
The Concierge staff have been provided with full face visors which they are required to wear throughout the day and our reception desks have been fitted with protective acrylic screens.
To simplify and improve disinfection/cleaning procedures all surfaces will be free of non-essential items, eg leaflets, magazines, and business cards.
Each bathroom will have disposable seat covers, disposable hand towels, appropriate hand washing liquid and hand sanitiser.
We have two floor standing protective acrylic screens (measuring 2 metres x 1.5 metres). Should you require one of these to be available for your booking please let me know in advance.
Hand sanitiser will be made available in each room.
Brighter Spaces has invested in electrostatic cleaning machines, and all rooms and areas of Brighter Spaces will be electrostatically cleaned at the end of each day. This technology delivers precise application of disinfectant with three times the coverage compared to traditional sprays, wipes or cloths.
Non touch wall mounted sanitisers have been installed at the entrance and on each landing area.
All cleaning products will be either 70% alcohol content, bleach based or specifically labelled anti-virus.
A thorough deep clean has been undertaken at each site prior to re-opening.
‘Touch points’ throughout the building will be cleaned regularly during the day. This will include, door handles, push plates, light switches, bannisters, non-upholstered furniture,
desk, and tabletops. Bathrooms will be inspected and cleaned regularly throughout the day.
Manchester City Centre
Here is a message from the Remedy Lounge, Deansgate where you will be attending your appointment. If you have any questions please let me know.
How we are keeping you safe: Guidance for Clients attending appointments at Remedy Lounge
We understand how important it is that you can feel ‘Covid safe’ when returning to face to face appointments with your therapist.
Remedy Lounge has carried out a Covid risk assessment and removed risk where we can. However, where it isn't possible to remove risks we have taken steps to mitigate them.
● Hand sanitising stations have been installed throughout the building.
● A one way system has been implemented to keep you at a safe distance
● We have used floor markings and signs to remind everyone to follow the 2
meter distance rule.
● Our lift and bathrooms are now ‘one person use only’
● Our practitioners will only return to face to face contact if their professional
association has deemed it safe. They have agreed to adhere to the strict guidelines for their profession.
● If you consider yourself in a vulnerable group please discuss any concerns about attending Remedy Lounge with your practitioner, they will be able to guide you.
How we can help each other:
● Please only attend remedy lounge if you have a confirmed appointment
● Do not attend if you are experiencing Covid symptoms. Covid symptoms include; a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia). Please observe the stay at home government guidance if a member of your household has symptoms.
● Where possible please attend your appointment on your own.
● In order to minimise your time in the waiting area please arrive on time for your appointment and leave immediately afterwards
● Hand sanitiser has been provided on entry to the building. It has also been made available on each floor. Please use before and on leaving the clinic rooms.
We advise the use of face covering in the communal areas of the building.
Please bring your own drinking water and tissues if required during your appointment.
This information will also be sent out via email.